Buying a home is no easy feat. Which is why I have decided to embark on providing my readers with as much useful information as possible. Arming yourself with knowledge of the real estate industry can not only save you a lot of money, but ease the burden and duration of the entire process. Below you will find a list of topics I am to cover over on my site. It is a table of contents of sorts to the book of information I plan to blog across this site. Be sure to take a read, and more importantly, drop me a message if you have any further questions. Thank you.
1. The “Talk”:
Meet with me for a pre-buying consultation where I will get you prepared and knowledgeable about one of the biggest milestones you are about to take. This will help you gain a better understanding so there are no hidden surprises.
- What’s your motivation to buy?
- Are you ready?
- Buying with discipline vs. emotion
2. The “Reality Check”:
I’ll go through with you if it’s the right time to buy – help you build your 5-year plan.
- Understand market conditions. Is it a Buyer’s market?
- What is the current interest rate?
- Can you live in your current home for another 6-12 months?
- What are the repercussions if you decide to wait?
3. The “Money Cruncher”:
Now that we’ve determined your reasons for buying and that you ready to buy – let’s talk affordability.
- What’s your budget?
- Down payment
- Do we need to get a pre-approval for a mortgage?
- CMHC insurance
- Closing costs
- Laying out your monthly carrying costs
- Home Insurance
- Maintenance Fees (depending on type of property)
- Property Taxes
4. The “Needs vs. Wants”:
Do your homework before you buy. Here we breakdown what you need vs. what you want and fitting that into your budget that we just identified.
- Differentiate between the types of home ownership
- Do you need a condo or house?
- Have you considered the lifestyles between a condo and house
- What is your bare minimum for the size of your home?
5. The “Spot”:
Picking the ideal location is also a key part of the home buying triple constraint. I’ll help you find the right neighbourhood with the right schools. Do you want a shorter commute to and from work?
- Schools and ranks
- Public transportation and accessibility
6. The “Hunt”:
Now that we know what you want, where you want it and how much you can spend – let’s put all this to work. Let me help you build your portfolio of ideal properties.
7. The “Offer”:
Now that you’re in love, we have to move on to make that a lasting relationship. It’s important that you don’t let your emotions get the best of you when making an offer. Real estate is an investment – fortunately, I’m here to you put together an Offer to Purchase and discuss all the details.
- Comparative Market Analysis
- Submitting Offers
- Negotiating deals
- Counter Offers
8. The “Inspection”:
What’s the first thing you do when you buy something? Make sure it’s in working order! It’s no different for home ownership. I’ll educate you on the importance of a home inspection and ensure we get an inspection done.
9. The “Closer”:
No, I haven’t switched the topic to baseball – we’re still on home buying. It’s time to seal the deal. This is where you meet the key player in closing the deal – the lawyer.
- What’s entailed in the closing costs
- Mortgage application fees
- Legal fees
- Title Insurance
- Registration and more
10. The “Move”:
It’s finally here –D-Day! You move in to your new home. Congratulations!
- Call the movers
- Address change and mail forwarding
- Yard sale
- Donate unwanted things
- Utilities and more